Monday, July 21, 2008

Creative License to Put the Word out There

"Finding My Heart"

I feel my writing continues to focus on my creative/spiritual path. One is no more important than the other, each needs the other to foster growth in myself. I notice I am devoting more time to finding my voice within. I love to write poems but realize that I ramble on a bit more than I'd like to, losing my central focus. In effect, they begin to become more like short stories. I have just written a poem but have decided, with prodding from my writing teacher, to make it into a short story instead. I will not lose the meaning of what I am saying, just elaborate a bit on the setting, etc. This sets up a challenge for me, and that is stimulating. I like the ability to have this creative license, it is so, so freeing. Once I have written this "story" from a "poem", I will post it here. It is important for me to post current material, for that is who I am now!
The picture above, is a photo I took of a tulip that I played with in photoshop. Can't quite remember how I got it to its final form, good lesson for me, don't get lost in the details on life's path. I call this creative piece "Finding My Heart". Always an evolution.

3 comments:

Doris said...

Lovely piece! Some rather gentle edges that are quite relaxing.

Tao Master said...

Bexerly Ann:
I think the picture would look better if you changed the yellow to blue and the red to purple but I love it the way it is too.
Keep Putting yourself out there with whatever you got. Good things will come if you believe.
Taomaster

Soulsearcher said...

I like that you are open to reworking your piece into a short story. I also can relate to your wanting to post new material that reveals the now of you.