Monday, July 7, 2008

I am ready to express myself


The coyotes howling. They are expressing their voice, just as I am going to do here. We all have different ways to let our voice out. Though I have used creative tools such as painting and photography to share who I am, my writing tended to be put on the back burner. But a writing class I've been taking has given me a boost, helping me to find my lost long friend, the written word. I've spent much of my life trying to find my voice, although in reality it's been with me all the time, just hidden.
Whether stories, poetry, or just thoughts and ponderings, all will have their place here. If a photo or piece of art I have done will clarify my voice further, perhaps in a more meaningful way, I will add it here. I have always been a rather shy person, keeping much of who I am hidden under lock and key. Today, and from now on, I am determined to let loose with who I am. I do not have any course of action as to what will emerge from me, but that makes it so much more interesting, don't you think?

4 comments:

Soulsearcher said...

Yes--it makes it very interesting, just like this new blog! Great work, Bev.

Laura said...

Ok lady, I've got to have a print or are you selling this piece??? really I need to have a copy or would like to buy it from you!! I just love it.
~v~motherbear

Doris said...

I'm so glad you've made it here! Wonderful words!

butterfly woman said...

I am finding my art and photos, even those done long ago, are connecting to who I am now. That is a good thing. "Coyote Dream", a watercolor I did at a demo workshop several floors above the Rialto Theater in Joliet. The workshop leader said it looked Van Goghish. I took that as compliment as I love his style. I am selling prints of this piece, both 5x7 and 8x10 matted in off white. It really does symbolize me "finding my voice"!