Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Right Way to Write?

Today is writing class. There is always an assignment to be given, this week we can write on weather, if we're stumped for subject material. I think if I can somehow relate the topic to my own path in life, to my creative progress, then I find it interesting and relevant, such as weathering my creative growth, with its ups and downs. Or perhaps how the weather and environment stimulate or hamper my creativity. Sometimes I think I write too much about myself, can that be possible? Yet, new insights come out with the written word, and I feel my growth continuing. So I'll listen to my little voice within, and not feel like I'm an egomaniac obsessing on me. Like anything else, to force things otherwise, leaves me feeling less than authentic and blocked. I'm also going to write a few words to accompany future paintings and photos I create. To determine if they are meaningful enough for me to pursue, which may help me focus. Makes sense? As I look at writings and poems I've done over the last few years, I find them still relevant, even in bits and pieces, to who I am at this moment. Each reflects a part of me I may have lost, but need to recover now, to encompass a whole me. Perhaps I'll post a poem I did fairly recently, and if the writing for today's class develops, I'll add it to the blog as well. I like the fact that I can make choices, it's so freeing.

1 comment:

Soulsearcher said...

Freedom is a wonderful thing! Don't be blocked by any misgivings about what to write. Just keep writing!