Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Embracing Dark Shadows

I feel it is time to replace my 2nd blog called "Finding My Voice" with a new one, and I will entitle it "Dark Places". It has been several months since I posted on "Finding My Voice" so felt it was time for a revival. I will continue to find my voice here, tapping into deeper, "darker" recesses of my being, thus the new title. And I think, exposing these shadows here may actually lighten them up a bit (or at least allow me a sigh of relief). It is interesting when I share my "dark art" with others that they often do not find it so dark. My perceptions are different, due to the deeper meaning attached to the creations. I hope I do not hold back here, but if it takes baby steps to process and share here, then so be it. My other blog Marlotus Says will not contain the lighter side of me in order to balance me, though that seems doable. In the future, perhaps I will have a "lighter self of me" blog. Whatever it takes to express who I am. I want to be whole now, integrating lost pieces of my soul that may have disappeared or at least have been shut down throughout my life. Will I ever reach the goal of being whole? And would I know if I got to that final destination? I am not sure, but it is worth a try. I am sure this will be a difficult journey, fraught with emotions and feelings that may well wreck havoc on my process, but transformation and change cannot be wimpy. There will be old material shared here, as well as new. I am ready to take more steps in my growth, and today I make it official.

2 comments:

Tao Master said...

You go Baby!! A not so small step and a very worthwhile journey. Keep on growing,
Frank the Taomaster

Doris said...

Congrats at moving through and forward and beyond!