
"Fantasy Realms Beckon to Her #1"
Digitally Enhanced Watercolor
Digitally Enhanced Watercolor
I've decided to venture into this "dark" blog for a bit. I don't really feel all that dark within myself, at least not today. I figured that would be the reason to have this blog, to unload some negative stuff, like artistic demons that get in my way. But I feel these women portraits step into the darker realms just a little. Why? Perhaps because they reveal fantasy and mystery. They are not afraid to reveal who they really are, and both glow as their inner energy comes to the surface. The top portrait has more of a stained glass feel to it, which means that embracing our darkness will also bring up our light, our spiritual side. Taking a step off of the world of realism and venturing into the unknown has exciting risks to it. It's like balancing who we are, letting out the dark and light of ourselves but doing it in a soft, subtle way. Gently. This blog does not have to be dark, really, but rather, embrace all shades of gray in-between.
Note: The above pieces were done in watercolor and then enhanced on the computer. I still struggle with how to name this media technique. And using the same title, but calling them #1 and #2 to distinguish them, I am not sure how I feel about that either. Yet, it sames to make sense when I create similar bodies of work, perhaps for a future series or theme. Anybody got some ideas? Even though I am taking a writing class, I still struggle with the "right words" to go with the paintings/photos. Hm, I suppose this continues to be a "gray" area for me as well and may even touch on the darkness of my ego (which likes perfectionism) and getting it right. Always learning!

3 comments:
I have always liked these pictures - these are dynamic pictures and muyst be seen live (not on the computer).
Frank
She is lovely.
They are titled very well, sometimes that title issue falls into place and sometimes vagueness opens it for the viewers interpretation. But #1 and #2 gave me the feeling of masks that are interchangeable as needed.What women doesn't need that?
I also have been meaning to say I like your new avatar!
I would love to see these pictures live and in person. Let me know if you plan on showing them somewhere.
Post a Comment